2003 DENT Super Modified National Championship Driver Registration And Format Information|
Feature Mad Dog $1,000
Heat Mad Dog (1 Per Heat) $1,000
Best Appearing Car $1,000
- There will be a 112-car limit for the 2003 Super Modified National Championship. The event will consist of 4 Heats and a Final Feature. Each Heat will have 28 cars and will be run until there are 5 cars still running. These 5 cars will qualify for the final Feature.
- Drivers must make an aggressive hit every 20 seconds or will be determined a sandbagger.
- Sandbaggers will be black-flagged and disqualified.
- Each Heat and the Feature will have 1 Mad Dog Award presented to the hardest hitting and most aggressive driver regardless of how long they last.
- Mad Dogs automatically qualify for the Feature and could also be one of the 5 last cars running in the Heat.
- The Feature will have between 20 to 24 drivers. The 4 potential extra drivers that automatically qualify for the Feature are the Heat Mad Dogs (if they can get their car running).
- 1st , 2nd , or 3rd , Place Feature Winners may also be chosen to be the Feature Mad Dog.
- Drivers may register up to 2 cars for the Super Modified National but will only be allowed to run the car they qualified in for the Feature. There will be no substitute drivers and no car substitutions.
- Any driver who qualifies for the final Feature in any of the Heats or is a Mad Dog will be pre-qualified for the 2004 National Championship and receive first registration opportunities.
Build it to the rules!
The DENT inspection process is unparalleled and is classified as the fairest and toughest in the sport. The entire DENT Inspection Team is hand picked and based on their knowledge and expertise in the sport. Each and every car inspection will be very strict, extremely thorough and based on the 2003 DENT Super Modified Class rules. All safety requirements, chassis, and full exterior and interior body regulations will be checked. Drivers needing to make minor changes will be given the opportunity to return to their truck and trailer to make those specified changes. All re-inspections will be done ONLY after the last car from the last Heat has passed through inspection. If time runs out before the show starts and re-inspection of completed work is not done, those drivers will not be permitted to compete, and no refunds will be allowed. Any driver found to be in complete violation (cheating) of the car building rules will not be permitted to run and will be escorted off the property by State Police, pit passes for the driver and crew will be revoked and no refunds will be given.
30-MINUTE WORK PERIOD
After the completion of each Heat, drivers who have qualified for the Feature will have their cars taken to an impound area to prepare car for the Feature. Drivers will have to bring their truck and equipment to the designated impound area. Each driver will be given only 30-minutes to work on their cars regardless of what Heat they were in. This 30-minute work period will take place after each Heat and will be supervised by a DENT Official. Drivers will be allowed a maximum of 5 crewmembers and themselves (total 6) to complete as much work to their car in this 30-minute time period.
The DENT ENFORCER will be used to get cars unstuck from each other while the show remains running. It will also enter the derby pit with lights flashing to stop the event if a red-flag is called and the derby is to be stopped for a car fire or an injured driver. Any driver who has been black-flagged and refuses to acknowledge the DENT on-track Official and shut their car down will be pushed out of the competition area by the ENFORCER.
HOW TO QUALIFY
Drivers wishing to compete must comply with DENT registration requirements and process.
There a few ways for a driver to qualify to run in this event and registrations will only be accepted in the order of DENT qualifying standards until event is full. All registrations will be on a first come first save basis. Drivers may register up to 2 cars for the Super Modified National Championship and will only be allowed to run one in the Feature if they qualify both cars. No substitute drivers or substitute cars.
- Drivers must be a Heat or Mad Dog Winner at any year DENT National or Regional Championship.
- Any driver who has competed in any DENT National or Regional Championship.
- Any driver who won 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place in a Feature in 2002 at any Demolition Derby. (Drivers must provide proof of win on the Fair Board's or Promoter's company letterhead when you send in registration materials)
- Any driver who won 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in a Feature in a Demolition Derby any year previous to 2002. (Drivers must provide proof of win on the Fair Board's or Promoter's company letterhead when you send in registration materials)
Copyright © 2000, D.E.N.T., All Rights Reserved